Saturday, April 17, 2010

Why I don't update much lately

I've made a realization.

When I started cloth diapering, it was an adventure. Each diaper change was exciting. It was fun to see all the diapers that I made in action. When I started this blog, I thought it would be full of daily (or at least weekly) updates on how the cloth diapering was going.

But it hasn't been like that. Now that I've got a few months of cloth diapering under my belt, it's not really an adventure. It's just a diaper change.

Actually, I think that's a good thing. It means I'm used to diapering this way now. There are things I like about it (cute diapers, soft on the kids' bums, saving money) and things I dislike (cleaning out Thomas' poopies). We're still dealing with periodic rashes, some stink issues, and I've been able to start line-drying the diapers now that the weather has perked up. But really, there's not much that's post-worthily exciting.

Cloth diapering. Just another part of my day.

2 comments:

Tiffaney said...

LOL, just another part of your day, but I still think you are AWESOME that you're doing cloth diapers.

TanyaThomas said...

Of course I have no idea what you have tried so far, but a good cup of vinegar and hot water soak should take all the stink out of your diapers (does mine) and we have managed to stay away from rashes by using Rockin Green or Bum Genius Deteregent. And when we did have some rashes Lotrimin Cream took care of it. The vinegar soak should kill any rash beasties too for you.