Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hmm, I should work on that...

I've gotten into the bad habit of leaving diapers lying on the floor after diaper changes, instead of taking them to the diaper pail in the laundry room. Just lazy, I guess. Well, tonight I finally went around the house picking up all the diapers that I've left sitting around in random places - there were ten of them! Three of which were Thomas' poopy diapers that had to be sprayed off into the toilet... Icky. Yeah, from now on I think I'll work harder at making sure the wet/messy diapers make it to the diaper pail with much more expediency.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Customizing the Soaker Pattern

I made Audrey and Thomas each a new soaker yesterday. For Audrey's, since she's been growing and I'm not folding down the RRPs for her anymore, I went to the next size up. I also lengthened the rise since I've noticed that the Katrina's soaker pattern tends to be a bit short on her and it can be a struggle to get it to cover the entire diaper. So I used the medium soaker, with a large rise, and medium-small waist band and leg cuffs. For Thomas' soaker, I used extra large, with large waist band and leg cuffs. My kids tend to be skinny. It's so cool to be able to customize the soakers to meet the fitting needs of my individual children, try getting that kind of customization with disposables!

I'm thinking I need to strip the diapers soon, especially Thomas' dipes. That little boy sure has smelly pee! I need to get rid of that ammonia stink. I'll try washing with Dawn dish soap first. If that doesn't take care of it, I'll try boiling them. It will be my first time boiling diapers, the whole idea of which makes me giggle. Boiling diapers, teehee! But hey, if it works, I'll just do my best to get over the silliness of it.