Monday, March 29, 2010

Good News

The rashes are clearing up! Hooray!

I switched to a perfume- and dye-free liquid detergent for the diaper laundry, which seems to be helping. And when I mentioned our rash problems to a lady in our church, she told me about this awesome stuff that works really well for all kinds of skin issues, including diaper rash. Later she gave me a small jar of it, and it has really worked wonders. It's called Miracle II Neutralizer Gel. I'm not kidding when I say that absolutely nothing else I tried worked on the kids' diaper rashes, but this stuff is working. Thomas' rash, that he's had almost constantly for many months, is almost completely gone. And Audrey's rash, which left her bright red and skin peeling all over her diaper area, is almost gone as well. And the kids can wear their cloth diapers.

I'm not trying to sound like a commercial, but this gel is working so well that we got online and ordered a bottle of it, even though, with shipping, it costs much more than I'm used to paying for any kind of skin stuff. To me, being able to use cloth diapers and be rash-free is totally worth it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh happy day! I'm so glad you found something to clear up both kiddos and feel like your diapers haven't been a huge waste of time. Bless the nice lady!