Monday, May 3, 2010

Growing Up

With Audrey getting older, we're coming up on a momentous and bittersweet occasion - starting solids. I'm excited that she's growing and getting ready for this next step in her feeding. But at the same time I'm a little sad to be getting ready to say goodbye to exclusive breastfeeding. The cloth diapering ramifications are as follows: Breastfed poop is water soluble, so I don't have to rinse it off the diapers. It comes off in the washing machine without any extra effort. Once I add solids, I'll have to start spraying her poop off into the toilet just like Thomas'. And it will start to smell worse too.

A little extra work and a little extra smell. It's really not that much of an issue, but I can honestly say that I will miss her EBF poop.

Yeah, I just read over that last sentence again. I'll miss her poop? How weird am I?! ;-)

No comments: