Thursday, February 4, 2010
Customizing the Soaker Pattern
I made Audrey and Thomas each a new soaker yesterday. For Audrey's, since she's been growing and I'm not folding down the RRPs for her anymore, I went to the next size up. I also lengthened the rise since I've noticed that the Katrina's soaker pattern tends to be a bit short on her and it can be a struggle to get it to cover the entire diaper. So I used the medium soaker, with a large rise, and medium-small waist band and leg cuffs. For Thomas' soaker, I used extra large, with large waist band and leg cuffs. My kids tend to be skinny. It's so cool to be able to customize the soakers to meet the fitting needs of my individual children, try getting that kind of customization with disposables!
I'm thinking I need to strip the diapers soon, especially Thomas' dipes. That little boy sure has smelly pee! I need to get rid of that ammonia stink. I'll try washing with Dawn dish soap first. If that doesn't take care of it, I'll try boiling them. It will be my first time boiling diapers, the whole idea of which makes me giggle. Boiling diapers, teehee! But hey, if it works, I'll just do my best to get over the silliness of it.