Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dozen Prefolds

Well, I've finished my goal for newborn diapers. I originally had 12 small prefolds that my sister gave me, and I wanted to make 12 newborn fitteds, and 12 more prefolds. I just finished the last prefolds today, making 36 diapers that Baby will be able to wear as a newborn. Hooray!


The neat thing about prefolds is that when she outgrows them, I can use them to stuff the pocket diapers.

The next project I'll be working on is covers. I have four newborn pull-on covers, and now I'm going to make at least four small covers, which is the next size up, for her to grow into. I have this adorable pink froggy fleece that I'm going to make some covers out of, I just need to wash it first. It's the only fabric I've actually purchased new - it was on clearance at Wal-Mart.

I love seeing the progress I'm making. What I don't necessarily love is the fact that, at 37 1/2 weeks along, Baby could come at any time, and I feel a lot of pressure to finish all the diapers I'm going to need as soon as I can, before she's born. There's so much else that needs to be done too (especially with the move to the new house), I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with everything! But I'm sure it will all work out fine.

No comments: